Honda 1300 Coupe Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:01:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Forum

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Restoration  (Read 3581 times)
AndrewK

« on: June 15, 2018, 03:37:42 AM »

I thought members might like to see some pictures of my restoration. We ended up making one good car out of my two, as one had a decent body, and the other good mechanicals. Will be on the road in a couple of weeks. I can't wait.
LindsayT

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 06:56:42 PM »

Hello Andrew,

I see you removed the back window. I am curious what you are using to re-install it as the plastic chrome strip in my Coupe would disintegrate if I removed mine.  What are you using instead of the chrome strip?

Otherwise the restoration looks great, make sure you put the completed project under this same topic
AndrewK

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 01:50:03 AM »

Hi Lindsay

We are having new molds made up for front and back windscreens by the local Novus Windscreens franchise. There is othing else available that we could find. You're right- the old ones shatter when you pull them out.

Will be sure to update with pictures of finished car.

Regards

Andrew
IanN

Honda 1300 Coupe 9. Perth, Western Australia

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 09:28:02 AM »

Hi Andrew,

She's lookin' good!

You seem to be getting on with it ok and methinks you will have some buyers for repro windscreen seals if you do a run of them.

In the meantime....

SNAP!

Great minds think alike!

Cheers,

Ian
GrahamW

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2018, 03:07:31 PM »

Hi Lindsay

We are having new molds made up for front and back windscreens by the local Novus Windscreens franchise. There is othing else available that we could find. You're right- the old ones shatter when you pull them out.

Will be sure to update with pictures of finished car.

Regards

Andrew
AndrewK

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2018, 03:23:34 AM »

Hi Ian

Love the colour!! I think Lindsay has suggested that a lot of people would like the front and back window molds!

Will be good to see progress of your car too.

Andrew
TonyL

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2018, 01:53:06 PM »

I kinda get goose bumps looking at the resto photo's .

I know it is what I should do with mine . While it looks OK in the phtot's it has a lot of flaws .
Mainly cosmetic .. other than a front bumber , a repair or replace..

I had always intended to classic race it so the condition was fine for that . I have been unable to renew my Competion Licence so had discounted that ..
BUT
I have been approached by more than one skilled driver and some major sponsorship to fund it .
It seems more people know about these cars in NZ than I had thought a lot of stems from the 1971 Bathurst .

Looking at your efforts ans the end result is actually having me sway more towards restoration.

I have done a couple of dozen resto jobs , even a couple of concourse cars ..  Bit held back by health issues but should be managable ..
Thanks for the inspiration

tony
AndrewK

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2018, 03:16:26 PM »

That is great Tony- I have always wanted an immaculate road car, so I am getting very excited now.

All the best

Andrew
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: